Pump Motors rarely ever fail. The only known cases of motors failing is from water intrusion, usually from total submersion.
To Test a Pump Motor:
- Verify the powerpack battery is ok.
- If the motor runs when up or down switch is activated, then it is ok.
- If motor does not start when up/dn swich is activated, check starter solenoid.
- To by-pass starter solenoid, remove large red cable from starter solenoid, and touch it for a split second to the terminal with the large black cable on it. If the motor does not kick on, the motor is bad, or battery is dead, or corrosion on the cable ends is blocking connection.
- If motor is bad, check for signs of water intrusion.